If you attended Red Hill School (East Sutton, near Maidstone, Kent, UK) this is where you can contact former students or staff. This boarding school for boys was founded by Otto Shaw in March 1934 in a large house named "Red Hill House"in West Chislehurst, Kent and named after the road/street on which it stood (Red Hill) . Click on the image to the left to see the original location. In the beginning the school was open to girls but the last girl left in autumn 1947. In early July 1935 that location was closed and larger premises (on about 22 acres) at Charlton Court, East Sutton opened on a 21 year lease from the Filmer family - the name Red Hill moved with the School. During a 58 year period over 835 pupils attended Red Hill before the school closed in July 1992. The Headmaster was Otto Shaw from 1934 to 1976 then Allan Rimmer from 1976 to 1992. Regarding the school closing: most boys left at the end of the Spring term 1992 (beginning of April) and most of the staff left on 30th April. About 10 boys and a few staff stayed on for the boys to take exams - the remaining staff and boys left on 26th June. On 31st July 1992 formal notice was given to the Dept for Education that the school would close on this date.
With special thanks to Ralph Gee, Chris Burkill, Allan Rimmer, Paul Ashby, John Welch, Rob Cester, Chris Sheary, Mike Warren, Peter Still, Stuart Wilshaw, John Spiers, Graham Bloomberg, Peter Farrell, Adrian Gray, John Cain, Tony Hillman, Reg Slade and to everyone else who has contributed to this website.rNote: The history of the house and site is the subject of ongoing research and that it is all liable to change as new information becomes available.
Click on the following link to go to the Red Hill Trust website (charity no. 307891).. n NNOM.L (r rrTerry Wilson
This site has been on-line since January 2002 xx
webmaster: Terry Wilson at email@example.com